- Nov 14 – Is This a Group of Deported United States Military Veterans?
- Nov 6 – VA Official: Filing New Claims are Faster than Appeals Process
- Nov 6 – Congressional Budget Office Updates, especially H.R. 2123, H.R. 3634, H.R. 4173, H.R. 3705 & H.R. 1900
- Czig Meister Celebrates Our Veterans on Nov 10 in Hackettstown, NJ
- National Wreaths Across America Saturday, December 16, 2017
- Searching for Home: Coming Back from War (YouTube)
- Just A Common Soldier (YouTube)
- Filipino WWII Veterans Awarded Congressional Gold Medal
Oct 24 – Celestino Almeda joined the Philippine Commonwealth Army in 1941, fought alongside U.S. soldiers during World War II and for nearly a decade has been seeking money the federal government had promised.
- SURVEY: Did Vocational Rehabilitation Meet With You Within 45 Days of Applying?
Oct 25 – This survey is aimed to see how many VA Vocational Rehabilitation offices are honoring the general rule to meet with a veteran within 45 days of applying.
- Lawmakers Seek to Crack Down on Veterans Affairs Budget Requests
Oct 10 – Last-minute requests from the Department of Veterans Affairs for billions of dollars to keep a private care access program running, lawmakers have introduced legislation to crack down on how the agency comes calling for more money.
- Third Mural Joins Tribute to Veterans in Amherst
Oct 20 – The third in a series of U.S. military tribute murals is nearing completion on the side of a brick building in downtown Amherst. It will be dedicated in ceremonies on November 11, Veterans Day.
- Not All Veterans Will Be Eligible for New ID Cards
Oct 19 – When the Department of Veterans Affairs starts offering new ID cards next month, they won’t be available to every veteran.
- Video All Patriots MUST Watch!
- VA Canine Research Helps Foreign-based Special Interests, Not Us Disabled Veterans
Oct 18 – The VA discounts animal research as invalid when it comes to informing decisions about benefits and medical care for service-disabled veterans, but now Secretary Shulkin dubiously defends the practice as “necessary” when his agency stands to lose taxpayer funding and upset corporate partners. VA can’t have it both ways and the evidence doesn’t look good.
- Veterans Victimized in $24M Education Scam, Authorities Say
Oct 18 – A $24 million “bait and switch” college education scam – targeting U.S. military veterans – could send two women to prison.
- Know Any Veterans Interested in Farming?
- VA Just Dropped More Details About the New Veteran ID Cards
- VA Proposes Choice Program Overhaul that Eliminates 30-Day/40-Mile Rule
- TO ALL VETS, WE NEED YOUR HELP
Oct 16 – ABATE had a meeting with NJ State Senator Steve Sweeney, President of the Senate. The discussion was about the “arbitrary” rules that the DMV added to the VET Motorcycle License Plate Bill.
- VA Photo ID Cards for All Veterans Coming in November
- Upcoming Events (PDF)
- Sacred Soil Dedication Ceremony (Excerpt) (YouTube)
On March 19, 2009, sacred soil from nine battlegrounds was sprinkled on the parade field at the National Infantry Museum by veterans of those battles or their descendants.
- A Tribute to Vietnam Veterans (YouTube)
Featuring the voice of renowned actor Mr. Sam Elliott, this video is a tribute to the 7.2 million living veterans and the 9 million families of all who served from Nov. 1, 1975 to May 15, 1975. Thank you for your service and sacrifice!
- Call to Action!
- Employer Guide to Hiring Veterans (PDF)
- Fellowship Applications Are Now Open for the Class of 2018 (PDF)
- Government Affairs Report – June 25, 2017 (PDF)
- H.R.3832 - Veterans Opioid Abuse Prevention Act, Sep 26, 2017 (PDF)
- Important Phone Numbers
- Invisible Wounds: The VA & TBI Dec 29, 2015 (YouTube)
- Latest Happenings
- Latest News from the VVA Feb 12, 2016
- Legacies of War: Two New Documentaries
- POW/MIA Committee Report VVA NJSC Jun 25, 2017 (PDF)
- Recycled Rides for New Jersey (PDF)
- Sussex Elks Lodge 2288 Annual Veterans Remembrance Dinner (PDF)
- Veteran Caregivers Feel Isolated, Need More Support Jun 19, 2017
- Veteran Homelessness Report – June 25, 2017 (PDF)
- Veterans Choice Program Telephone Line Imposter
- VVA Strongly Opposes Abandoning of Severely Disabled Veterans May 24, 2017 (PDF)
- VVA Web Weekly Apr 28, 2017